Sunday, October 7, 2012

It's been a while...

since I last posted. I have admittedly been tardy with blog posts this year and I guess that's because I haven't really felt as though too many really interesting things were happening around here.

Aside from the non interesting bits (aka boring stuff) I have been busy designing new fabrics for my Spoonflower store. And this past week I received 2nd place in the "Eighties Embroidery" themed Spoonflower contest with my homage to Keith Haring. Oh and if you check out this link, you'll see my Halloween fabric is featured on the Spoonflower/shop page. I am pasting a pic in for those who don't want to see the full page and/or click the link.  
Picture is © Spoonflower/Retro Rudolph's.
But how cool is that? 
Pretty damn cool and I was really thrilled to be asked by Spoonflower if they could use it :)
Prior to this weeks 2nd place ranking I won a Spoonflower "Camping" themed contest... not bad eh? Here's a pic of my design :)
Apart from all this recent excitement I thought I'd show you a couple of other pics... just for fun!

See this... well that's mostly unfinished work. It's been behind closed doors for several months now. Quite a few of these papier mache pieces will eventually get finished... like my larger devil and witch luminaries, ahem ~ I should say Boo's luminaries because he's laid claim to them, or did do back when I was initially sculpting them.





















Now onto this pic... yes, it's obviously my studio/dining room/work area BUT notice how tidy it is. Tidy is cool... and a refreshing change indeed!





















Well, that's all I have to show and tell for now. Wishing my Canadian friends a Happy Thanksgiving and everyone else a great week!
Cheers! ~ Lori
All images/content on this blog are © Retro Rudolph's. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

Liz Revit said...

Congratulations on the Spoonflower contest! You're putting me to shame with your tidy workspace. Now I have to face my own messy drawing table.

I enjoyed looking at all your works in progress.

Retro Rudolph's said...

Thank you Liz! Nah, I doubt I put anyone to shame... if I had a penny for every time it wasn't as tidy... well you know the rest. And I am glad you enjoyed looking at the wip's.

Gaia Marfurt said...

You must be really proud of your camping pattern design! It's really cute! :)